We know how hard it is to break the ice when you’re getting to know someone. But it’s even harder to find the right topics to get their attention so they don’t want to miss a single word you say. And if you bring up a topic at the right time and place, you may be able to reach your partner’s heart.
When we have the person we like in front of us, it is normal that we get nervous, we block and we do not know how to articulate a word.
First of all, we must emphasize the importance of nonverbal language, which is just as important even if you don’t say a word to your partner. Here you can find out what your gestures and those of your partner say about you.
What are the conversation topics to conquer your partner?
And now, the conversation topics that will always work. You will see that from these more general topics, you will start talking about more concrete experiences, and so one thing will lead to another…
- Travel: who hasn’t traveled? You can share places you visited, which one you liked the most, where you ate the best, what time of the year you went… Surely one thing will lead to another and you will end up traveling the world from the place where you are sitting.
- Vacations: when do you usually go on vacation, what do you like to do during your free time, if you like the beach or the mountains… Here again there are endless possibilities to extend the conversation without any blank spaces in between.
- Gastronomy: what are your favorite dishes, what restaurants do you usually go to, your specialty in the kitchen… Food is a very broad topic that will allow you to add a little spice to the conversation.
- Hobbies and passions: tell your partner more about your tastes, what you like to do in your free time, and let him/her also let you know. You may share certain hobbies or passions and we are sure that other topics of conversation will come up from there.
We are going to recommend you also those topics that you should not bring up if you want to conquer someone, at least in the first dates when you still do not know the other person completely:
- Politics: avoid commenting on the party you are, who you follow or what is your opinion about it. It is possible that you are of opposite opinions and that does not end up convincing your partner, or you start arguing about a topic on which you think differently and you can not get out of it.
- Religion: the same as politics. If one is a believer and the other is not, if you are of different religions… It is better to know when you are already a little more hooked. It is not necessary to know this aspect to conquer someone.
- Death: nobody likes to talk about death, especially not on a first date. It is a negative topic that makes people sad, especially if they have experienced a recent death. Try to avoid it, unless your partner wants to share with you some lived experience.
And if you are still lacking imagination, here are some more concrete and fun questions. From here you will surely find more topics to talk about and from the answers you give you will get to know each other a little more and more:
- What has been your best job, and your worst one?
- Do you like animals? Are you more of a dog or a cat?
- Do you like music? What styles do you listen to?
- Have you ever liked two people at the same time?
- If you found a $500 bill right now, what would you do?
- What is your favorite movie?
- What would a perfect day be like for you?
- If you could take 3 objects to a desert island, what would they be?